June 20th, 2013 - 10:30 AM
( Block- Sumerpur : Pargana-Daundia Khera : Tehsil- Bighapur.)
Also known as Sangrampur, lies on the high bank of Morahi (Naurahi) river about 5 km west of the Unnao-Dalmau road and 29 km south of Purwa.
About the 13th century, one Abhai Chand, a Bais Rajput, drove out the Bhars of Daundia Khere, after fighting a fierce battle. Abhai Chand gave the name of Sangrampur to the village where he fought the battle. Since then it formed the home of the great Bais clan of Rajputs. Ram Bux Singh, talukdar of the place and a descendent of Abhai Chand, was hanged here for participation in the freedom struggle of 1857.