2013 Imitate Famous Painters- December Artist- Pablo Picasso Overview
This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
Each month for 2013 ( and December 2012) a new contest will be posted in the hope that painters will be encouraged to not only produce new work, but to imitate and experiment with different styles and techniques that have proven to be succesful in the past.
DECEMBER ARTIST- PICASSO
1) Paintings only. No photography. Any medium welcomed, as long as the style is mimicked from the artist being portrayed during the month.
2) No reproductions of original work. Where is the creativity in that?
3) Work must not be old work or posted on fineartamerica or the net previous to the announcement of the contest. In other words, we want you to create new work.
4) In an effort to expand my own horizons, I will be participating in the contest but will ensure that I too am following the rules outlined.
5) You cannot vote for your own work.
6) Contest will be posted each month on the 5th, accept submissions for 14 days and have a voting period of 7 days. In this way, before the end of each month, a winner will be announced!
IMAGES THAT ARE POSTED BEFORE DECEMBER 5, 2012 OR ARE REPRODUCTIONS OF PICASSO OR ARE NOT REPRESENTATIONS OR IN THE MANNER THAT PICASSO MIGHT PAINT, WIll BE REMOVED.
Each participant may submit 3 images.
1) You must be a member of FineArtAmerica.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for a total of 3 different images... but again, only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Wednesday, December 5th, 2012 - 10:14 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 - 10:14 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Wednesday, December 26th, 2012 - 10:14 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Friday, January 30th, 2015 - 1:55 AM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes:
You are a master at this particular style according to your peers!
You have done a great job at capturing the style of this month\
Bragging rights for attempting a new style and succeeding! Who knows maybe you will discover an entirely new direction for your art.