Fine Art America is the world's most powerful sales and marketing tool for photographers and visual artists.
Simply open an account, upload your images, set your prices for all our available products, and you're instantly in business! FAA provides you with an e-commerce website, fulfills your orders for you, and sends you your profits each month.
This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
Post your best 'Conceptual' artwork. Paintings, Drawings and Sculptures are accepted for this contest.
Conceptual art, sometimes simply called Conceptualism, is art in which the concept(s) or idea(s) involved in the work take precedence over traditional aesthetic and material concerns.
The first wave of the 'conceptual art' movement extended from approximately 1967 to 1978. Early 'concept' artists like Henry Flynt, Robert Morris, and Ray Johnson influenced the later, widely accepted movement of conceptual art. Conceptual artists like Dan Graham, Hans Haacke, and Lawrence Weiner have proven very influential on subsequent artists, and well known contemporary artists such as Mike Kelley or Tracey Emin are sometimes labeled 'second- or third-generation' conceptualists, or 'post-conceptual' artists.
Many of the concerns of the conceptual art movement have been taken up by contemporary artists. While they may or may not term themselves 'conceptual artists', ideas such as anti-commodification, social and/or political critique, and ideas/information as medium continue to be aspects of contemporary art, especially among artists working with installation art, performance art, net.art and electronic/digital art.
1. Only mediums allowed are drawings, paintings and sculptures. This means no digital works or photography.
2. Work MUST be conceptual. If I feel the artwork does not fit in this contest, it will be deleted.
3. Only members of FAA can vote.
4. NO nudity in artwork, keep it family friendly.
4. You can upload 1 image.
Each participant may submit 1 image.
1) You must be a member of FineArtAmerica.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for as many images as you like... but only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Friday, March 1st, 2013 - 10:40 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Friday, March 15th, 2013 - 11:40 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Friday, March 22nd, 2013 - 11:40 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Monday, September 1st, 2014 - 6:23 PM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes:
A personalized "Featured Artist of the Month" section of wardarthouse.com for the month of April.