This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
This group is dedicated to works of art (paintings, photography, digital art, mixed media, drawings) that elicit memories and nostalgia to you. Some of the images will and should also activate collective memories or memories of nostalgic experiences, sights and scenes of the past in the lives of the beholders.
The ability to convey emotion to the beholders is one thing that makes a great work of art. Emotion in a photograph, or any work of art, helps a viewer connect with the piece, if that emotion is prevailing in the viewer. Anticipation, friendship, love, happiness, joy, sorrow, despair, wonder, nostalgia, closeness, detachment, and togetherness are some emotions, many felt universally at one time or another by all the peoples on our beautiful planet.
For this contest, I am focusing specifically on those artworks (any medium) that elicit powerful emotions in those who see them with the display or portrayal of completely inanimate (non-living) subjects, with the exception of vegetable life, within the contexts in which they are presented. Thus, composition and the way light is used are key.
To help you with this I would ask that you think how does an image of a long 'lonely' trail, of a trail of footprints in the sand, of a view of dawn or sunset, of a view of empty benches on the side of a lake make you feel? It all depends on you, your interaction with the art piece, and most importantly the way the artist composed the image. Do you feel 'transported' into the image. Do you get the sense that the image conveys loneliness, hope, peace, ... This is really how an image captivates you in emotion.
1. Only 1 image per participant.
2. Images can only contain inanimate objects, with the exception of vegetable life. Any image that does not follow this rule will be removed.
3. ABSOLUTELY no vote solicitation in FAA or through social media.
4. You must be a member of the group Memories & Nostalgia at the time of joining the contest.
Each participant may submit 1 image.
1) You must be a member of FineArtAmerica.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for as many images as you like... but only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Saturday, July 20th, 2013 - 5:18 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Saturday, July 27th, 2013 - 5:18 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 - 5:18 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Tuesday, March 31st, 2015 - 2:20 PM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes:
Premium Memories & Nostalgia homepage feature and promotion of three images by the artist and a feature of a brief biographical sketch.
Grand Feature and Promotion in the Memories & Nostalgia Homepage: Three images chosen from the artist
Special Feature and Promotion in the Memories & Nostalgia Homepage: Two images chosen from the artist