This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
Welcome to the very first contest sponsored by the Exclusively Drawings and Paintings group! As someone who loves to enter FAA contests but hates a lot of complicated rules, lets keep this simple! In addition to the fabulous prizes noted, the top three vote getters will be lavished with top billing on the group home page for one month. I won't even require that you join the group (though it might be nice)!
1. Just as the name of the group suggests, this contest is strictly for art created in a traditional manner, ie, a painting done with pigment and brushes, a drawing done using pencils, pens, markers, etc.... absolutely no photography or anything digitally created or manipulated. (If you used some computer program in any way to create your piece this is not your contest). I promise I will delete any entries that do not fit this criteria! You all know what Traditional means, so lets not try to sneak anything else in. It will make me cross.
2. Entries limited to two images each. You may vote for as many as you like but only once per image, of course.
3. I can't stand next to you at your computer or other techno device and insure that you aren't soliciting votes, but seriously, what does it prove if you can get all of your friends to vote for you? If I suspect it's happening, I'll be disappointed in you. Really. Let your work stand on it's own merit, OK?
4. I'm all about the 1st Amendment, but let's assume there are kids, or your boss, or your grandmother, looking over your shoulder at the art that you've entered. Anything that I think would scandalize my Mom or send my child into therapy will be deleted.
5. And the last rule, which isn't really a rule but a promise... I am entering two of my own pieces but I PROMISE if either of them places I will put the next highest vote getter in that place. I will not vote for my own work, and don't any of you vote for it either. I am just taking the opportunity to have my work seen, too.
Ok... let's do this! Have fun and let's all see what you've got!
Each participant may submit 2 images.
1) Votes may be cast by any visitor to FineArtAmerica.com (members and non-members).
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for as many images as you like... but only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 - 6:42 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Friday, June 21st, 2013 - 6:42 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 - 6:42 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Tuesday, October 6th, 2015 - 6:46 PM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes: