Fine Art America is the world's most powerful sales and marketing tool for photographers and visual artists.
Simply open an account, upload your images, set your prices for all our available products, and you're instantly in business! FAA provides you with an e-commerce website, fulfills your orders for you, and sends you your profits each month.
This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
PHOTOBOOK MAKER is looking to publish 50 talented artists and thus will select 50 winners. The winners' book will be published on PHOTOBOOK MAKER's platform and sells through their network.
This contest is mainly for artists that already planned their book and that might already have a mockup. However, not to worry, PHOTOBOOK MAKER would wait some extra time if he believes the work is worth it.
- You keep the rights on your pictures.
- No payment, nor money investment from the artist's side.
- You choose your commission per book on top of the production costs. This would set the final book price.
- You receive a FREE copy of your high quality book.
- The entry is opened to all artists working on whatever medium (photographers, painters, digital artists, mixed media artists...).
PHOTOBOOK MAKER is a new active and fast expanding company that focuses on high quality handmade books.
PHOTOBOOK MAKER uses his own online channels, website and facebook page with over 80,000 people like (http://photobookmaker.com & http://www.facebook.com/photobookmaker).
About the offline channels, they are focused on Singapore and Thailand first. Then they will expand outside Asia.
PHOTOBOOK MAKER has no intention of being a mass production cheap book maker. PHOTOBOOK MAKER doesn't make mass copies of artists' book. It makes them one by one. So there is no print run set. The artist sets the print run limit if he wants his book to be a limited edition.
1. The deadline for this contest is set to the 5th of November.
2. Beside uploading your 5 entries, YOU MUST SEND THE LINKS TO YOUR ARTWORK TO JOSEPH@PHOTOBOOKMAKER.COM with your name and with “GET PUBLISHED contest” as subject. The link can be your FAA portfolio, your personal website, your picassa or whatever online channel where your artwork is on display (30 images or more).
3. The uploaded images on FAA are to be representative of your work. Through them PHOTOBOOK MAKER will consult your profile and consider your full work.
4. Make sure you have sufficient artwork to fill a 24 to 300 pages photobook.
5. You must be willing and ready to design or have your own book design, have it proofread and sent to PHOTOBOOK MAKER before the 10th of December (PHOTOBOOK MAKER provides the free software and templates for your book design).
6. PHOTOBOOK MAKER is the final decision juror. The votes to your images are only for considerations.
7. If a candidate is found early worthwhile of being published, he would be contacted before the deadline and offered the publishing opportunity. The winner's pool will then be reduced accordingly.
8. No category limitations! Though the body of work must be coherent. If you're a wild nature or street photographer, a painter, a graffiti artist or whatever, you will be considered. It is on the overall quality of the artwork that the decision is made, not on its nature. It is a great opportunity for artists to get a chance whereas other publishers would not even consider them.
9. You must be the owner of the artwork and have all rights to publish your work.
10. If the artwork overall quality does not meet a certain point of aesthetic value, PHOTOBOOK MAKER reserves the right to not grant 50 winners to be published but only the ones the would seemed deemed to.
PROCESS FOR THE WINNERS
1. PHOTOBOOK MAKER will contact the winners by the 20th of November and provide the free software and templates as well as send you the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for you to read. The MOU is a written agreement that grants PHOTOBOOK MAKER the rights to publish your book (You keep the copyrights to your images).
2. You send PHOTOBOOK MAKER hi-resolution picture samples. PHOTOBOOK MAKER prints out the samples and send them to you (This can be skipped if you trust us on which paper your work should be published).
3. You select the paper you like, the size of your book. Then you design your book using PHOTOBOOK MAKER's free software or provided templates and send PHOTOBOOK MAKER the artwork of your book (PDF) before the 10th off December.
4. You choose how much you would like to sell your book for by defining your margin.
5. You and PHOTOBOOK MAKER sign an agreement (MOU) to allow PHOTOBOOK MAKER to sell your book.
6. A prototype of your book will be made and given to you for FREE! So that you can inspect the real quality of the book and make minor adjustments for production.
7. That's it! Your book is published on PHOTOBOOK MAKER's platform and sells through PHOTOBOOK MAKER's network. PHOTOBOOK MAKER will handle everything from promoting your book, bookmaking, delivering and customer service for you. Sales report and your income will be sent to you at the end of every month.
More information on
Thank you for participating.
Each participant may submit 5 images.
1) Votes may be cast by any visitor to FineArtAmerica.com (members and non-members).
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for a total of 10 different images... but again, only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 - 6:37 AM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 - 6:37 AM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 - 6:37 AM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Friday, March 14th, 2014 - 12:34 PM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes: