Fine Art America is the world's most powerful sales and marketing tool for photographers and visual artists.
Simply open an account, upload your images, set your prices for all our available products, and you're instantly in business! FAA provides you with an e-commerce website, fulfills your orders for you, and sends you your profits each month.
PhotoArt Challenge Number 6 - Bring Neptune to life Overview
This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
PhotoArt Challenge #6 - Bring Neptune to life!
So.. Neptune was turned to stone.. it is your task to bring him back to life!
OK enough fun.. here is a challenge with actual RULES ;O) I know boo..
And before you submit your entries.. be forewarned... Read the rules, they will be enforced... Next week will be another Anything Goes. (featuring Mr. Neptune again)
To participate you MUST download the following image...
Copy and paste the address into your browser... when image finishes loading right click on it and select the option 'save picture as...'. and save it to your folder of choice.
Rules: (there's a bunch.. please read them all)
1. You MUST use the photo above to create your entry. (this time NO others)
2. The goal for this challenge is to colorize Neptune. NOT PAINT him but make him look like a real life human.
3. That's it. That's the whole challenge. No need for backgrounds or other objects. Just concentrate on bringing him to life. Your colorized image will be the subject of next week's Anything Goes challenge.. There you will be able to use him in your creative masterpiece. ;O)
4. You will have one week to work on it and upload to the contest. So take your time.
6. You may post up to 4 images.
7. The original photo is from www.morguefile.com, it is free of any restrictions so any art you create from it is yours to do what ever you like.
In regards to voting.. I think you can agree that this is not the type of contest that you enter to advertise your art... so.. there is no stopping you from voting for your own images, but please refrain. If you must.. just use one of your votes for your entries, and please use all of your available votes. And please judge the images as to how well they conform to the contest instructions. Thanks.
Oh, and once you upload an image leave a little note in the discussions telling us a little about your methods. Or anything you want us to know about it. (optional)
If you see your image disappear.. see the discussion 'why did my entry disappear'
Also see the discussion area for some tips on file size.
Each participant may submit 4 images.
1) You must be a member of FineArtAmerica.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for as many images as you like... but only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Saturday, April 27th, 2013 - 12:12 AM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Saturday, May 4th, 2013 - 12:12 AM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 - 12:12 AM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Thursday, December 19th, 2013 - 7:38 PM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes: