Eureka Arts Alive
October Arst Alive!
First Saturday Night Arts Alive! Opening receptions for artists, exhibits, and/or performances October 7 6-9 p.m. Phone Eureka Main Street at 707-442-9054, for more information or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org
A. BLONDIE’S 420 California Ave. John Dalton, “Into The Walls”, mixed media.
1. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St.
Performance Rotunda Mason Matteoli; Humboldt Artist Gallery Artist Cooperative; William Thonson Gallery: 18th Annual Junque Arte Competition & Exhibition Homer Balabanis Gallery: Junque Art with SCRAP, Arts Alive Only; Knight & Anderson Gallery Annual HAC Member Exhibition; Atrium Gallery Morris Graves, works from HAC Permanent Collection, and CD-ROM The Life & Art of Morris Graves; Floyd Bettiga Gallery David Zdrazil, clay artists; Peter Holbrook, Colorado Plateau, paintings in oil.
3. COTTAGE ANNEX 618 F St. Preview shabby chic, cottage chic, enamelware, floral china and linens, etc.
3a. EUREKA THEATER 618 F St. Enjoy movies and popcorn!!!!
3b. ANNEX 39 608 F St. Art Deco, and Mid-Century modern.
4. PAUL’S LIVE FROM NEW YORK PIZZA 604 F St.
5. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. 103 pieces, “From Redwoods to Rembrandt”.
6. DALIANES TRAVEL 522 F St. Redwood Decorative Artists.
7. F STREET FOTO GALLERY at Swanlund’s Camera 527 F St. New show.
7a. THE LOCAL 517 F St. Rob Gribbin, paintings.
8. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE - BIKRAM YOGA – HUMBOLDT BRANCH 516 Fifth St. Scott Sherman, emphasis on animals, watercolors.
9. LIVING ROOM GALLERY at MikkiMoves Real Estate, Inc– 805 Seventh St. Client Art Show with Eve Miller, Eldin Green, Susan Anderson, Heather Cruce, Melissa Carrau, and Jan Ostrom; Mon Petit Chou, performing.
10. ARKLEY CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS 412 G St. Eureka Symphony, Fall Program, A Night with the Bard: Music Inspired by Shakespeare
11. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. Victoria Ryan, “My California Dream”; Blue Lotus Jazz, performing; beverage sales benefit Companion Animal Foundation.
12. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Barry Cascaden.
12a. SURFSIDE BURGER SHACK 445 Fifth St. Robert Walker, photography.
13. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Vince Cavatio, “Wave and Surfing” photography.
14. PRIMATE TATU 139 5th St. Michael Arneson.
15. INK ANNEX (Ink People Gallery formerly Empire Squared) 47 W. Third St. Maskhibition; awards ceremony, refreshments; John David Young Trio, performing
15a. HUMBOLDT BEER WORKS 110 Third St. Grand re-opening, The 4 Low, blue grass, classic rock, performing.
16. BAR FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. Colleen Hole, mixed media; Kathleen Bryson, works from her private collection; Marnie Schneider; St. John, of St. John and the Sinners, performing.
17. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. Betty Kuhnel, “The Collected Works”, prolific work of a vibrant visionary artist.
All proceeds of art sales are split 50/50 with the artist and The Studio.
17a. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Tyson Ritter, Molly Ritter, Frank Speck, Bea Stanley, Antoinette Magyar., John Notian, Roberta Heidt-Preble, Tom Preble, John King, Regina Case and Nancy Ensign.
17b. THE WORKS 210 C St. Phillip King, artwork.
17c. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St.
18. SAILORS’ GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo related art, antiques, and memorabilia.
18a. LIVELLA STUDIO 120 Second St. Recording Studios. Mod Brothers, performing.
18b. MANTOVA’S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Montage, performing; 51 Cards, performing.
18c. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. Leonard Goldstein, oil on canvas and board, paintings.
19. C STREET MARKET SQUARE First and C Sts. Mort Scott, solo artist for the annual C Street Market Square Public Art Sculptures, October 2012—September 2013.. His work is typically aluminum; Duane Flatmo, presents El Pulpo Mecanico, his flaming octopus; Eureka High Pep Rally; Don’s Neighbors, performing.
19a. STEVE AND DAVE’S First and C Sts. Marni Schneider, photography.
19b. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. (Main Entrance Through Snug Alley) Daniel C. Nyiri, scenic artist, Great Winged Grizzly,mural unveiling; Greta Turney, “Day of the Dead”, paintings on canvas, vintage coffee grinders, maracas, yo-yos, and other objects; Mojo Brown, blues and classic rock, performing.
20. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Traditional Southwest artists’ prints.
20a. ACCENT STYLING GALLERY 219 Second St. Judy Phillips, harpist, performing.
20b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Lara MacMillan, “Humboldt Foxes, pinup photography.
21. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Carrie Wachter Martinez, nature-inspired acrylic canvasses; Ken Collins, acoustic guitar and vocals, performing.
22. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Louise Zuleger, pearl jewelry; Fern Valley Goatfarm, goats milk soap; Jeannine Brandenburg, Redneck Wineglass; Katelyn Lollich, bead jewelry.
23. CIARA’S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Sara Westfahl..
23a. HUMBOLDT GLASS BLOWERS 214 E St. Monica Haff, paintings; Pinball tournament.
23b. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E St. "What was Life like Before Electricity?" featuring clothing and everyday household items from the late 19th century.
24. BELLA BASKETS 311 E St. Holly Vetter, photographs; RonVetter, frames from old growth and repurposed redwood.
25. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. James Reid, and Mark McKenna, photography.
25a. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Halloween themed with various local artists and Mexican folk art.
26. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley Abby Perrott; Kara’s Lusca, acoustical group, performing.
26a. THE SPEAKEASY BAR 411 Opera Alley Showing the paintings and art of our staff.
27. HUMBOLDT BAYKEEPER 211 E St. Anita Tavernier, “Elements Part II”, local scenery; Kenny Ray and the Mighty Rovers, performing.
28. RAMONE’S 209 E St. Courtney Cross; Jan Bramlett, performing.
28a. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St. “We’re 30 years old! Come by and help us celebrate the art of the written word!”
29. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Group show, “Dias de Los Muertos, Day of the Dead”, a thoughtful remembrance of departed loved ones, paintings, textiles, drawings, and masks.
30. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Natlya Drew, assorted paintings.
31. NORTH SOLES 407 Second St. Sheldon Chase, acrylic paintings.
31a. SASSAFRASS 417 Second St. Haley Brick, Underwater Escapes.
32. SISTERFRIENDSJEANS 108 F St. Rosalie Thomson, oil & acrylic on canvas.
32a. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. Susanna Bluhm, “My Heart’s a Little Fast”, new paintings, acrylic, oil on canvas; Lush Newton, “Bread & Butter”, mixed sculpture and installation.
33. HEALTHSPORT 411 First St.
33a. WHIPLASH CURVE 423 First St. Grand opening celebration, Alex Sepkus, designer.
34. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F St. Plaza Huichol Indian Art from Mexico.
35. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. Connie Rose, Trunk Show & Sale, textile designer, art quilts, beaded jewelry, fabric mail art, hand woven, hand dyed, hand knit.
35a. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Courtney Simone Smith, “Half Embalmed”, taxidermy and curiosities show.
36. YARN 418 Second St. Julie McNiel, collage.
36a. TREASURE TROVE 420 Second St. New location! Sharon Collins, acrylic paintings; refreshments.
36b. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Arcata author, Heather Leigh, “Hey Little Baby”, picture book signing.
37. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 Second St. Retiring Going Out of Business !!!In May of 2004, Matt and Sherrie Butler opened Shorelines Gallery and after much success decided to open Sea Breeze Candies (on the boardwalk) in April of 2006. In preparation for their upcoming retirement they closed Sea Breeze in December of 2011. Shorelines Gallery will be closing soon as well.We will have a GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE until we shut the doors for good. All jewelry, glass art, wall art, pottery, metal art, shells, coral, display cases, lighting, and equipment will be for sale at up to 60% OFF retail price.If you have had your eye on something special in Shorelines Gallery, now is the time to get it before it’s gone. Many items are one-of-a-kind and will not be replaced when sold. Please wish Matt and Sherrie a happy retirement with “Fair Winds and Following Seas”!! Thank you to our many valued customers. It has been a great ride.
38. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. Lunel Haysmer, Assemblage Art, Phil Haysmer, Redwood Art.
39. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St. The Artist is You.
40. ALIROSE 229 F St. Justine Levy, jewelry artist.
40a. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. Jan Hollander and Cindy Noble, oil paintings.
41. THE RITZ Third and F St. Jennifer Mackey and Andrei Hedstrom, artwork.
42. OLD TOWN JEWELRY 311 F St. Libby George, printmaker.
43. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Ian Net, local photographer showcasing pieces from his private photography collection, including various styles of female models from contemporary to classic pinup.
43a. DANNILYNN’S SHOE BOUTIQUE 527 Third St. Kim Norrie, paintings; refreshments.
43b. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third St. Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8:00; call for reservations 443-9694. \
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART GALLERY 241 F St. Dawn Woodman, beaded jewelry,
44a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Dave Van de Mark, photography.
44b. HUMBOLDT BAY COFFEE VISITOR CENTER 526 Opera Alley John David Young Trio, performing; roasting facility tours.
45. BON BONIERE 215 F St. Daniel Lazarus, assemblage art with vintage found objects; Dale Winget, guitar, performing.
45a. CODY GALLERY 213 F St.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Barry Post, Vector art; Ge-amal, abstract acrylic and watercolor; Jim Lahman Band, performing.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of 2nd and F Sts. Mary Louise Anderson, “Wild and Serene North Coast Landscapes”, watercolors and pencil drawings.
48. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Permanent Display: historic photographs of Old Eureka from Historical Society.
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Wellman’s Fused Glass Jewelry, with 10% of ALL sales Saturday supporting The Breast Health Project.
50. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 Second St.
51. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St. (Second Floor): Parasol Arts 211 G Street Entrance; Yuma Lynch, mixed media and landscape paintings, Suite 106; Rob Hampson, recent oil paintings, Suite 206; Wit McLeod, handcrafted furniture, Suite 212; Marnie Bugs, leather handbags and moccasins, Suite 217; Robert Busch III, landscapes, and oil paintings, Suite 333; David Steinhardt, acrylics and muralist Suite 306; Anastasia Zielinski, paper & fabric collage, (studio at back of building, no number); and more.; Julian Lang: Master of Mid-tempo Carnage, performing on the top floor in the Gallery.
52. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Mike Stengl, portraits.
53. PIANTE 620 Second St. Leslie Kenneth Price, new works.
54. DELIGHTFUL EYE PHOTOGRAPHY 622 Second St. Tripwire, performing.
55. SMUG’S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, pen & ink.
56. BAR AVALON Third & G Sts.
57. ORIGIN DESIGN LAB 621 Third St. Rebecca Hubbard, Mari Penley, and artists of Origin Design Lab, “ap’ples”, interpretations of the iconic fruit.
58. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Multiple artists, “Artist’s Choice”.
59. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHY TOO… 905 Third St.
60. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. Marcus Brown, photography; Lisa Polack, photography; Lance Drill, canvas photographs; and Marj Early, pastels.