2 Day Digital Darkroom Boot Camp
Join Fine Art Photographers Christine Hauber and Matt Suess in this intensive 2 day workshop.
2-Day Digital Darkroom Boot Camp
Limited to 30 students
Sept 29 - 30, 2012
Spend 2 full days in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico learning the ins and outs of Photoshop with professional photographers Christine Hauber and Matt Suess.
Watch on a larger projection screen as we go step-by-step throughout the process
of how we enhance and optimize our photographs.
In these 2 full days of classroom instruction you will learn:
- how to set up preferences of Photoshop & Elements
- learn what is the histogram, why it is important, and how to use it in the field and in photoshop
- learn why you should shoot in RAW and understand how much easier it makes image optimizing
- import and process RAW files using built in Camera Raw
- set correct color temperature
- adjust exposure, color, brightness, shadows, fix chromatic abberations, sharpening, and sizing of RAW files, and more
- learn tips and techniques for sharpening, removing dust spots, clone tool, noise removal, dodging and burning
- learn the importance of using layers and layer masks
- tips and how to stitch together multiple images for wide panoramas
- learn the basics of texture blending
- intro to learning how to use Photoshop plugins from Nik Software like Viveza 2 and Color Efex Pro 4 to quickly enhance and add creative adjustments to your photos
- learn how to process HDR images using Nik Softwares\' new HDR Efex Pro 2 as well as Photomatix Pro
- learn how to process both natural and artistic HDR images
- intro to converting to b&w using Nik’s Silver Efex Pro 2
- printing basics for home printing
- optimizing for labs such as Bay Photo
- sizing photos for web or for print
- last hour of class devoted to you working on your own images from a “homework” assignment due prior to class. Christine and I will be available to help each student one-on-one at this time
After these 2 full days of learning you will become a wiz at taking care of common problems encountered with digital photography. Photoshop will not seem so daunting of a program. You will learn how to get the best color out of your photos and learn creative ways of enhancing and making your photography really stand out. And you will learn how to process your HDR photos using the two most popular software programs out there today.