Comment, Like, & Favorite
Church Of Our Saviour
Photograph - Photography
After the roof was blown off St Tudno's Church on the Great Orme in 1839, a new church was built nearer the town in 1840.
Land was donated by the Mostyn family, whose architect George Felton designed Holy Trinity Church in the Neo-Gothic style The cornerstone was laid in 1865 and the foundation stone records that Lady Augusta Mostyn performed the ceremony. However, on the day Lady Augusta was ill so the rector's wife, Mrs Katherine Anwyl Morgan, actually laid the stone. The Church was partly completed in 1872 and consecrated in 1874.
In 1892 the tower was added and in early 1893 a peal of eight bells was installed. Holy Trinity has an active band of bell ringers and is the only church in the area with a peal of bells.
A War Memorial Chapel was added in 1924. This houses standards of Welsh Regiments and Ex-servicemen's Associations and marble plaques listing all the local men who were killed in the First World War. The chancel was extended in 1932.
January 21st, 2014
Viewed 69 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 12/24/2014 at 9:00 PM
copy and paste to your website / blog - preview