New Millford, CT
Lovers Leap Bridge
Photograph - Photography
Lover's Leap Bridge is a wrought-iron lenticular truss bridge over the Housatonic River located in Lovers Leap State Park in New Milford, Connecticut. It was built in 1895 by the Berlin Iron Bridge Company. Prior to 1977, the bridge was used by both vehicles and pedestrians but is now closed to vehicular traffic after a newer crossing just north of the bridge was constructed. The bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.According to local legend, this was the spot where a young Native American girl, distraught over love, threw herself into the rushing water below.
September 26th, 2012
Viewed 302 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 03/02/2015 at 2:28 AM