San Diego, CA
Academy Of Arts Dresden
Photograph - Photographs - Prints - Digital Images - Cards - Posters - Photo-calendars - Photo Art
© Christine Till - CT-Graphics
The ornately decorated complex of the Academy of Arts buildings in Dresden were called the 'Lipsiusbau' after its creator, Professor of Architecture Constantin Lipsius. It was built between 1891 and 1894 on the Brühl Terrace in the style of the Neo-Renaissance. With its glass dome - nicknamed the "lemon squeezer" on account of its form - the building is a prominent feature on Dresden's skyline.
The Academy of Arts houses the College of Fine Arts. After its partial destruction in 1945, the exhibition building of the Art Society remained unused for several centuries. Reconstruction measures were completed in 2005. With the exhibition building, now operated by the Dresden State Art Collections, the city has regained an impressive location for art exhibitions.
March 31st, 2012
Viewed 442 Times - Last Visitor from Roubaix, B4 - France on 09/01/2015 at 3:29 PM