Comment, Like, & Favorite
Altar Dresdener Hofkirche
Photograph - Photographs - Prints - Digital Images - Cards - Posters - Photo-calendars - Photo Art
© Christine Till - CT-Graphics
Though rebuilt sooner than the Dresdener Frauenkirche (Church of our Lady) the original Dresdener Catholic Church of the Royal Court (Hofkirche) was built not only after the impressive "Stone Bell" but in response to it.
Step inside! Its cool and simple splendor - much white, gold, porcelain, marble and natural light - radiates quiet grandeur. Of particular interest is the high altar. It is made of local marble and gilded bronze ornaments. The six large silver candlesticks (1752), each foot adorned with the figurative allegories of the three theological virtues of faith, hope and love, are 2.15 meters high. The crucifix (1756) of this silver treasure has a height of 4.20 meters and weighs 250 pound.
The Hofkirche at the Palace Square in Dresden is a prime example for the beauty of late Baroque architecture.
March 15th, 2012
Viewed 351 Times - Last Visitor from Seattle, WA on 08/22/2014 at 5:40 PM
copy and paste to your website / blog - preview