Comment, Like, & Favorite
Bath Time Westie
Photograph - Digital Artwork
Look for my new book "the Quotable Westie" on Amazon.
A West Highlands White Terrier (Westie) in the bath tub. Oil effect from original photograph.
Fine pet photography by Edward M. Fielding
WASHING THE DOG TIPS
1. Sometimes getting a job done is as simple as having the right tools, and bathing your dog is no exception. An indoor pet spray that attaches to your sink faucet or shower head makes bathing your dog easier to manage. The spray is gentle enough for a small dog.
2. If you must bathe your dog indoors, getting him into the tub may be a job in itself, let alone bathing him once he�s there. To help in the effort, purchase a dog bath helper that has a mini lead attached to a suction cup that sticks to the bottom or side of the tub. The suction cup can be easily removed once your dog is squeaky clean.
3. When rinsing the soap from your dog�s coat, use a one part vinegar to four parts water solution to leave his coat shiny and clean.
4. If your dog just doesn�t like the water, use a waterless shampoo that must be applied then lathered into his coat until a foam appears. Brush and towel-dry with a blow-dryer.
5. If you prefer, give your dog a dry bath to remove any odors when it�s too cold to bathe him. Rub some baking soda into your dog�s coat, gently massage it in, then brush it out.
6. To help give a small dog a bath, place a small window screen across the sink in which you want to bathe him. The screen will give your dog something to stand on, and, because the bath and rinse water flow beneath it, will prevent him from having to stand in water.
7. If you want to give your dog some extra help in the self-cleaning department but don�t want to stress him by subjecting him to a bath, use pet cleansing wipes to remove dander and
saliva from his coat. The product, made from all-natural ingredients, leaves your dog�s coat clean and healthy looking.
8. If your dog comes into contact with chewing gum, remove it by rubbing an ice cube on the gum until it hardens and can be pulled out, then wash the area thoroughly.
9. If your dog walks on tar, remove it by rubbing butter or margarine on the tarred area until the tar softens and can be pulled off. Repeat if necessary, then bathe your dog�s feet.
10. If your dog rubs against oil-based paint, wipe it off immediately with a dry cloth, then bathe him. If the paint has dried and hardened, cut it out, then bathe your dog.
11. If your dog doesn�t like the sound of spray conditioner after his bath, spray the conditioner on a brush, then run the brush through his hair.
March 15th, 2012
Viewed 390 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 07/11/2014 at 1:11 PM
copy and paste to your website / blog - preview
dog framed prints, westie framed prints, cute framed prints, funny framed prints, bath framed prints, wash framed prints, west framed prints, highlands framed prints, white framed prints, terrier framed prints, tub framed prints, pet framed prints, beautiful framed prints, dogs framed prints, adorable framed prints, fun framed prints, funny framed prints, humor framed prints, humorous framed prints, animal framed prints, puppy framed prints, pup framed prints, canine framed prints, pets framed prints, bath framed prints, dog greeting cards, westie greeting cards, cute greeting cards, funny greeting cards, bath greeting cards, wash greeting cards, west greeting cards, highlands greeting cards, white greeting cards, terrier greeting cards, tub greeting cards, pet greeting cards, beautiful greeting cards, dogs greeting cards, adorable greeting cards, fun greeting cards, funny greeting cards, humor greeting cards, humorous greeting cards, animal greeting cards, puppy greeting cards, pup greeting cards, canine greeting cards, pets greeting cards, bath greeting cards, dog prints, westie prints, cute prints, funny prints, bath prints, wash prints, west prints, highlands prints, white prints, terrier prints, tub prints, pet prints, beautiful prints, dogs prints, adorable prints, fun prints, funny prints, humor prints, humorous prints, animal prints, puppy prints, pup prints, canine prints, pets prints, bath prints, dog posters, westie posters, cute posters, funny posters, bath posters, wash posters, west posters, highlands posters, white posters, terrier posters, tub posters, pet posters, beautiful posters, dogs posters, adorable posters, fun posters, funny posters, humor posters, humorous posters, animal posters, puppy posters, pup posters, canine posters, pets posters, bath posters