Comment, Like, & Favorite
5.000 x 7.000 inches
A print of this artwork is currently for sale. The print is not being offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. You will need to contact the artist directly in order to purchase the print.
Click here to contact the artist.
Beagle Puppy Portrait
Mixed Media - Watercolor And Colored Pencil
Beagle Puppy Portrait
watercolor and colored pencil
Comes in an 8"x10" mat
I paint all animals including dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, along with people and their pets, full time for clients worldwide.
My pet portraits are painted and drawn from a photo. Therefore, in order to make your pet portrait look exactly like your pet, I can only paint your pet as I see it in the photo. Backgrounds can be changed but the subject cannot. For instance, I cannot paint the pet at eye level if the photo is looking down at the animal.
HERE ARE SOME GOOD PHOTO TIPS TO FOLLOW IN ORDER TO ENSURE A GOOD PET PORTRAIT FROM A PHOTO:
1. A good, clear photo is important. Digital photos are usually the best since they can be enlarged without too much distortion and will provide me with a great place to begin your pet painting.
2. If your animal refuses to sit still and pose, do not hestiate to use a leash or hold it because I can always remove it in the painting.
3. Try to be at the pet's eye level for closeups of head or face portraits with clear eyes and expressions that show the personality and individuality of your pet, since you will want it to look like your pet, not just any animal.
4. Natural light produces the best photo. Direct sunlight can wash out colors. But if all you have is an indoor picture of a deceased animal, for instance, don't worry about it. I can correct coloring or lighting or create a totally different background.
5. I can combine several photos to make one portrait if they are all at the same perspective or eye-level.
6. Let me know which photograph best captures the personality of your pet or I will let you know my opinion as to how it should be presented.
7. Photographs can be e-mailed, scanned or mailed to me and will be returned with your finished dog painting, cat painting or animal painting. Please contact me if you need my mailing address.
8. Send as many pictures as you can so we can choose the one that will give you the best results, and I will do the rest to make it beautiful for you.
April 9th, 2013
Viewed 219 Times - Last Visitor from Simi Valley, CA on 12/14/2014 at 4:00 AM
copy and paste to your website / blog - preview