Block Island North West Lighthouse
Photograph - Epson Lustre Paper
This is Block Island's North West lighthouse photographed in 1992. This is another granite building in the northeast. The lighthouse was built in 1867, is fifty feet high, and the forth light on this end of the six-mile island. It is a nice walk along the beach to this light and the visitor see abundant shore birds and if lucky, feeding blue fish along the water�s edge. The island landscape itself reminds one of Ireland or Scotland. The 4th order Fresnel lens was removed in 1973 and donated to the Block Island Historical Society.
May 27th, 2012
Viewed 7,318 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 08/29/2015 at 4:02 PM