Blue Hill Village
Digital Art - Multi Media Digital Collage
Stately homes and American elms line the village streets. Blue Hill was one of the David Marsh townships granted in 1762 to the veterans of the last war against the French. The first comers to the area were Joseph Wood and John Roundy from Andover, Massachusetts, who built homes on Mill Island at the tidal falls (Blue Hills Falls). Other settlers joined them, and in this neighborhood were the first mill and schoolhouse. The area was first known as North Andover, then as New Port, and in 1789 the town charter established its name as Blue Hill now a center for the arts and music, and the gateway to the Penobscot Peninsula communities and the Deer Isles.
June 2nd, 2009
Viewed 185 Times - Last Visitor from Stockbridge, MA on 05/22/2015 at 9:34 PM