Buffalo History Museum 2
Artistic processing of this landmark building in Buffalo,NY.
The Buffalo History Museum (previously known as the Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society) is located at 1 Museum Court (formerly 25 Nottingham Court) in the city of Buffalo, just east of Elmwood Avenue and off of Nottingham Terrace, north of the Scajaquada Expressway, in the northwest corner of Delaware Park. It occupies the building constructed in 1901 as the New York State pavilion for that year's Pan American Exposition, the sole surviving permanent structure from the exposition. As planned, the (then) Buffalo Historical Society moved into the building after the exposition.
Designed by Buffalo architect George Cary (1859�1945), its south portico is meant to evoke the Parthenon, in Athens. In 1987, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
March 30th, 2013
Viewed 113 Times - Last Visitor from Bradenton, FL on 03/31/2015 at 10:36 PM