Menlo Park, CA
Ca-220 San Rafael Arcangel Mission
Jason O Watson
Photograph - Digital Photograph
SAN RAFAEL ARCANGEL MISSION
One and a half miles southwest was the San Rafael Arcangel Mission, established in 1817 by the Franciscians. This was the twentieth in a the chain of 21 California Missions. After the "decree of secularization" in 1834, the buildings gradually fell into ruin. Reconstruction of the mission on the original site took place in 1949.
State Registered Landmark No. 220
Marker placed by California Centennials Commission in Cooperation with Marin County Historical Society. Dedicated October 24, 1950.
July 10th, 2013
Viewed 20 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 07/01/2015 at 7:14 PM