Rhyl, United Kingdom
Photograph - Photography
Built in the 14th century, St Michael's Church is the oldest building in Betws-y-Coed, and is located on the banks of the River Conwy. Replaced by the parish church of St Mary's in 1873, St Michael's lay slumbering peacefully throughout the twentieth century. But by the early 1990's it was in a sorry state, with a leaking roof and associated plaster damage � and it was urgently in need of repair work.
In 1994, the Friends of St Michael�s was formed, to raise both awareness of the building, and money to preserve it. Declared redundant in 2000, the building is now leased from the Church in Wales by the St Michael�s Betws-y-Coed Trust, a registered charity (No 1081038), run by the Friends.
Nowadays hundreds of people visit St Michael�s in Betws-y-Coed in beautiful Snowdonia every year, and there are many different reasons for appreciating this simple and humble building.
May 19th, 2013
Viewed 36 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills on 04/25/2015 at 12:09 AM