Palm Bay, FL
Cape Canaveral Lighthouse 2
Photograph - Photograph
The Cape Canaveral Lighthouse is 150 feet tall. Construction was completed in 1868. It was relocated to this current location in 1894. It is the one lighthouse in the country owned by the US Air Force. Because of damages caused by nearby rocket launches the original fresnel lens was replaced with modern optics in 1993.
March 18th, 2012
Viewed 228 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 08/18/2015 at 6:11 AM