Land O Lakes, FL
Carter House And Carnton Plantation
The Battle of Franklin Trust .......... the five bloodiest hours of the American Civil War. Two historic landmarks witnessed the carnage firsthand: The Carter House and Carnton Plantation. Here is a photo of the Carter House which is part of the historic Carnton Plantation. The Carnton Plantation is located between Franklin and Nashville Tennessee. The Carter House, built in 1830 by Fountain Branch Carter, witnessed one of the bloodiest battles during the Civil War on November 30, 1864. The modest brick home was commandeered to be used as the Federal command post while the Carter family, and one other family, sought refuge in the basement during the fighting which erupted on their property.
June 11th, 2011
Viewed 298 Times - Last Visitor from France on 06/20/2015 at 8:26 PM