Cathedral Of St Helena
Photograph - Photography
The Cathedral of St. Helena's cornerstone was laid in 1908. A generous contribution by Thomas Cruse helped the bishop obtain the land in 1905. The first funeral held in the new church was that of Thomas Cruse in 1914. Yet the cathedral wasn't fully finished until 1924. In 1945, an air force pilot made a detour to fly over his home town of Helena, Montana. He couldn't resist flying his plane between the twin spires!
February 8th, 2013
Viewed 177 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 05/05/2015 at 4:13 PM