Chatham Twin Lights 1908-18
Photograph - Epson Lustre Paper
The light station at Chatham was first established in 1808 and two 40 foot wooden towers were built. Two were built in an effort to defferentiate it from the Highland or Cape Cod light a bit further north. As time wore on, the wooden towers were replaced with brick towers and then finally in 1877 two brick-lined iron plate towers were built. One of these is the current tower, but the other one was moved to become Nauset Light in 1923. The current keeper�s house was built in the same year as the towers.
February 16th, 2013
Viewed 190 Times - Last Visitor from Borger, TX on 07/12/2015 at 3:58 AM