Clover Hill Tavern Appomattox Court House Virginia
Photograph - Photograph
The Clover Hill Tavern takes its name from the village's original name of Clover Hill. When it became the county seat, the village's name was changed to Appomattox Court House. The tavern dates to 1819 and is the oldest surviving structure. This is where the parole passes were printed, allowing the confederate soldiers to return home unharmed.
July 31st, 2011
Viewed 217 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 09/01/2015 at 10:58 PM