San Diego, CA
Consecration Of St Augustine Stained Glass Window
Photograph - Photographs - Prints - Digital Images - Cards - Posters - Photo-calendars - Photo Art
© Christine Till
Stained glass has long enhanced the charm of St. Augustine. The Trinity Episcopal Parish's original building proudly sported stained glass windows as far back as the 1850s. Around the turn of the century Henry Flagler enlisted the help of Louis Comfort Tiffany to design the glass windows in the Ponce de Leon Hotel (now Flagler College) and the Cathedral Basilica's nave was decorated with stained glass windows. Many other structures in St. Augustine have followed suit, and now the city enjoys a large concentration of gorgeous stained glass.
Twelve stained glass windows of the Cathedral Basilica St. Augustine set forth the story of the wonderful life of the patron saint, Augustine, after his conversion:
1. Baptism of St. Augustine by St. Ambrose.
2. St. Augustine and St. Alpius.
3. St. Augustine with St. Monica.
4. Ordination of St. Augustine.
5. Death of St. Monica.
6. St. Augustine healing the sick.
7. Consecration of St. Augstine.
8. St. Augustine preaching.
9. St. Augustine reading the rules of his order.
10. St Augustine by the seashore.
11. Miracles at the shrine of St. Stephen in Hippo.
12. Ecstasy of St. Augustine.
June 30th, 2013
Viewed 580 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 04/24/2015 at 12:48 PM