New Hampton, NH
Drive In To Albany Covered Bridge #49
Photograph - Photographs
The drive to the Albany Covered Bridge in early autumn.
This bridge is located in the White Mountains, off the scenic Kancamagus Highway. It carries Dugway Road over the Swift River into the Covered Bridge Campground. The bridge was built in 1858 by Almzi Russell and Leandre Morton. The Covered portion of the bridge is 120' long and is 21' wide, the roadway width is 15' 3". The truss is a Paddleford with added Arches. It was modified by the U.S. Forest Service in 1981-1982, they replaced the wooden floor timbers with steel. This replaced a previous bridge that had been destroyed in a windstorm.
March 12th, 2014
Viewed 607 Times - Last Visitor from Seattle, WA on 06/18/2015 at 2:05 PM