Brno, Czech Republic
Entrance To The Gothic Revival Chapel. Streets Of Dublin. Painting Collection
Photograph - Photography
Dublin Castle, Gothic Revival Chapel Royal.
The Chapel Royal is a Gothic revival building designed by Francis Johnston. It is famous for its vaulting, its particularly fine plaster decoration and carved oaks and galleries. Of particular interest are the coats of arms of the Justiciars, Lord Deputies and Lord Lieutenants from the first, Hugh de Lacy (1172), which was two years after the Norman invasion, to the last, FitzAlan (1922), which, remarkably, occupies the last available space.
February 13th, 2013
Viewed 46 Times - Last Visitor from Bowling Green, KY on 07/17/2015 at 4:25 PM