Columbia Falls, MT
Fire Tower 2
Photograph - Digital Photo
The "Guardian of the Gulch" Fire Tower is a historic landmark in Helena, Montana. Originally built in 1874, the tower's location gave watchmen a 360-degree view of Helena. The bell which once hung in the tower was used not only to warn citizens of fire, but also to signal an 8:30 curfew for children. Since 1950, the Tower has been the focus for numerous restorations and repairs. It serves as a reminder of Helena's frontier history.
December 16th, 2012
Viewed 119 Times - Last Visitor from Israel on 07/02/2015 at 9:14 PM