Fisher Building - 10.11.09_028
Photograph - Photography
The Fisher Building is located at 343 South Dearborn Street in Chicago, Illinois. Construction of the original 18-story building was completed in 1896. The building was designed by Charles Atwood of D.H. Burnham & Company for paper magnate Lucius Fisher. The terra cotta exterior is neo-gothic in style and features carvings of a wide variety of creatures including fish, serpents, lizards, eagles, dragons and frogs. A 20-story addition was added in 1907 by architect Peter J. Weber, a former employee of Daniel Burnham�s firm. The first two stories of the building are used for commercial tenants while floors 3 through 20 are residential. The building is a Chicago Landmark and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
All prints have a black border around the image. This border contains an image catalog number, a description of the image and the Paul Hasara copyright. The print has a white margin at all four sides as shown in the preview.
July 17th, 2013
Viewed 15 Times - Last Visitor from Kista, 26 - Sweden on 07/07/2015 at 11:30 AM