Bistrica Ob Dravi, Slovenia
The UTVA Aero 3. Piston-engined military trainer aircraft built in Yugoslavia. 110 were built, in Yugoslav Air Force service from 1958 to mid-1970s. First flown in 1956 the Aero 3 was designed to meet a Yugoslav Air Force requirement for a primary trainer that could also be used in the army co-operation role. The Aero 3 was a low wing cantilever monoplane that seated the student and instructor in tandem under a bubble canopy. Of all wood construction it had a fixed, tailwheel landing gear and powered by a nose-mounted 190 hp (142 kW) Lycoming O-435-A piston engine.
April 2nd, 2012
Viewed 1,218 Times - Last Visitor from Borger, TX on 04/15/2015 at 12:06 PM