Comment, Like, & Favorite
Fordson Super Dexta Tractor On Shetland Croft
Photograph - Photograph - Textured
A lovely Fordson Super Dexta tractor on the Burland Croft Trail in Trondra, Shetland.The tractor is still in working order.
The Fordson Super Dexta was launched in 1961 as a more powerful addition to the Dexta range. Power output from the three cylinder diesel engine was 39.5 h.p. In 1962 by increasing engine revolutions up to 3,000 rpm the Super Dexta engine power output was further improved to 44.5 h.p. At the same time the former blue and orange colour scheme was replaced with the new blue and white livery.
Fordson was a brand name used on a range of mass-produced general-purpose tractors manufactured by Henry Ford & Son, Inc, from 1917 until 1920 when it was merged into the Ford Motor Company, which used the name until 1964. American engineer, inventor, and businessman Henry Ford built experimental tractors from automobile components during the early 20th century, and launched a prototype known as the Model B in August 1915. He formed Henry Ford and Son in 1910 in Dearborn, Michigan, taking his young son Edsel Ford as a partner, which was later incorporated on July 27, 1917.
June 12th, 2013
Viewed 353 Times - Last Visitor from Le Beausset, B8 - France on 01/27/2015 at 5:49 AM
copy and paste to your website / blog - preview