Menlo Park, CA
Jason O Watson
Photograph - Digital Photograph
This village was a center of religious educational and social activity for Southeast Georgia prior to the War Between the States. It was established by William Cooper about 1790 when he acquired the 1100 acres originally granted to Nobel Jones. His home, later added to by his brother, George Cooper, stood about 1/2 mile west of this marker.
The village was the home of Wilson C. Cooper, the educator who established Cooper College 1/4 mile east; George Cooper, the Second, inventor of the "Cooper plow"; William Cooper, the Baptist minister whose imposing home was near this marker; Dr. T.B. Cooper, the educator and Baptist minister; and J. Randolph Cooper, the Confederate officer.
Georgia Historic Marker, 1996
March 31st, 2014
Viewed 3 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 09/22/2014 at 11:23 PM