Ballyconnell , Ireland
12.000 x 16.000 x 1.000 inches
This piece has been already sold. Please feel free to contact the artist directly regarding this or other pieces.
Click here to contact the artist.
Hanging The Whites
Painting - Oils On Canvas
Oil painting of a woman hanging her white linens on a clothes line in the early morning, two Aylesbury ducks forage in the background. Based on a childhood memory of my mother and one of the few domestic chore I enjoy in summer !
Here are some basic Clothesline Rules, passed down through the generations !
1.Wash the clothes line before hanging any clothes--wipe the entire length of each line with a damp cloth.
2. Hang the clothes in a certain order, and always hang "whites" first.and with "whites,"
3. Hang clothes as they are worn except shirts and socks -Never hang a shirt by the shoulders, always by the tail.
4. Wash day on a Monday! Never hang clothes on the weekend, or Sunday..
5 It didn't matter if the weather was sub zero ....clothes would whiten in the frost and "freeze-dry."
6. Always gather the clothes pegs when taking down dry clothes! Pegs left on the lines were likely to be dirty.
7. If you were efficient, you'd line the clothes up so that each item did not need two clothes pegs, but shared one clothes peg with the next washed item.
9. Clothes should be off of the line before dinner time, neatly folded in the clothes basket, and ready to be ironed.
January 7th, 2012
Viewed 519 Times - Last Visitor from Des Moines, IA on 02/23/2015 at 8:26 PM