Truro, United Kingdom
Photograph - Photography
The new harbourside flats on the grounds of the old warehouses on Canons Marsh. There is a new M&S Bars and cafe's,Bristol was a thriving port in years gone by.The site itself, between the 12th and 17th centuries, was an area of marshy hay meadow owned by St Augustineís Abbey (now Bristol Cathedral). This area, formerly known as Canonís Marsh, echoes these religious associations. The Floating Harbour in the heart of Bristol was created in 1809, and Canonís Marsh became a centre for the busy shipping industry which thrived at that time.
April 15th, 2013
Viewed 102 Times - Last Visitor from Jonesborough, TN on 03/09/2015 at 10:09 PM