Henry Fork Of Snake River II
Photograph - Photo
Henrys Fork is a tributary river of the Snake River, approximately 127 miles (204 km) long, in southeastern Idaho in the United States. It is also referred to as the North Fork of the Snake River. Its drainage basin is 3,212 square miles (8,320 km2), including its main tributary, the Teton River. Its mean annual discharge, as measured at river mile 9.2 by USGS Gage 13056500, retrieved 2011 October 12 (Henrys Fork near Rexburg), is 2,096 cubic feet per second (59.4 m3/s), with a maximum daily recorded flow of 79,000 cu ft/s (2,240 m3/s), and a minimum of 183 cu ft/s (5.18 m3/s).
The river is named for Andrew Henry, of the Missouri Fur Company, who first entered the Snake River plateau in 1810. He built Fort Henry on the upper Snake River, near modern St. Anthony, but abandoned this first American fur post west of the Rocky Mountains the following spring.
November 9th, 2011
Viewed 70 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 08/01/2015 at 8:17 AM