St Clair, MI
Hesler Log House #2
Photograph - Photography
Hesler Log House is a rare surviving log house dating from the early settlement of the Old Mission Peninsula. From 1854 to 1856 Joseph and Mary Hesler built the house of hand hewn pine and hemlock logs fourteen miles south of here on the eastern shore of the peninsula. Joseph and Mary are from Canada and Ireland respectively, were among a number of Irish, English, Canadian, and Scottish immigrants living in the southern part of the township in 1860.
December 1st, 2012
Viewed 192 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 08/01/2015 at 8:51 AM