Hull House 1810
The c.1810 Hull House -- the oldest stone dwelling in Erie County, NY-- is a rare piece of early American architecture in western New York. Located on Genesee Street in the Town of Lancaster, the Hull House is currently being restored by the Hull House Foundation as an educational and interpretive center for early 19th century life in the Western New York frontier. It is a rare surviving example of Federal style architecture in the Niagara Region and is purported to be the oldest substantial stone dwelling in Erie County. Nothing as substantial as this house has survived from any settler who came to our area before Warren Hull. It is an extraordinary landmark.
September 22nd, 2012
Viewed 213 Times - Last Visitor from Borders, Scotland - United Kingdom on 04/24/2015 at 1:17 AM