John Chad's Place
Photograph - Photography
Historic home of John Chad, the ferryman and farmer after whom the town of Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania is named. The home was constructed in 1725 near the Brandywine River and John and wife Elizabeth lived there until his death in 1760. Elizabeth continued to live there, witnessing the Battle of the Brandywine from her attic window as Hessian troops advanced on the Americans in September, 1777. Canon from the American line were located on the high ground of her property seen here.
March 16th, 2012
Viewed 113 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 03/30/2015 at 5:54 AM