Comment, Like, & Favorite
Karrick Parks House - Perryville Ky
Photograph - Digitally Enhanced Photography
This photo, taken on location in Perryville, Kentucky in 2012, is of the historic Karrick-Parks House, which was built in the 1800's by Squire Roberts. In 1856, the house was purchased by James Vance Karrick. Four years after puchasing the home, Mr. Karrick passed away, leaving behind his wife, Harriet, and their eight children. Mrs. Karrick and her children remained living in the home even through the 1862 Civil War Battle of Perryville. During that battle, the house had served as quarters for Confederate officers. The Confederates advised the Karrick family to leave town for their own safety for which the family took their valuables and their slaves with them and left. When the Karrick family returned after the battle, they'd discovered that nothing was taken by the Confederates except many clothing items for which they'd used as bandages for the war casualties. For six months after the battle, the Karrick-Parks house was shared with Union officers and doctors. In 1899, Rebecca Karrick married William Huston Parks, hence the name given the house ("Karrick-Parks"). The house remained in the family until 1972, when Lora Parks, the daughter of William and Rebecca, died.
November 16th, 2012
Viewed 20 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 01/11/2015 at 1:03 AM
copy and paste to your website / blog - preview