Layfayette's Headquarters At Brandywine
This home was was used by General Lafayette, a subordinate of General Washington during the American Revolutionary War Battle of the Brandywine, September 11, 1777. Lafayette was wounded during the battle but later recovered. The home, which today looks much as it did then, was owned by George Gilpin, a prosperous Quaker farmer in the area. Brandywine Battlefield is located near Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania.
June 4th, 2012
Viewed 235 Times - Last Visitor from Phoenixville, PA on 06/27/2015 at 10:38 PM