Comment, Like, & Favorite
Lemon Squeezer - Academy Of Fine Arts Dresden
Photograph - Photographs - Prints - Digital Images - Cards - Posters - Photo-calendars - Photo Art
© Christine Till - CT-Graphics
Designed by architect Constantin Lipsius by the order of Prince Elector Frederick Christian of Saxony, and built between 1887 and 1894, the Dresden Academy of Fine Arts occupies three buildings in neo renaissance style. Its distinctive feature, a large glass dome – dubbed the “lemon squeezer” on account of its striking shape – is one of Dresden’s landmarks.
The academy's exhibition rooms are fantastic and laden with history. Gutted by fire during a bombing raid of Dresden during the Second World War, they were not useable until after 1990, once they had undergone careful restoration.
Today the Academy of Fine Arts (Hochschule fuer für Bildende Künste) in Dresden is again one of the most important fine art schools in Europe.
March 27th, 2012
Viewed 289 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 12/20/2014 at 2:56 PM
copy and paste to your website / blog - preview