San Diego, CA
Mission To Quarai New Mexico
Photograph - Photographs - Prints - Digital Images - Cards - Posters - Photo-calendars - Photo Art
© Christine Till - CT-Graphics
The Quarai ruins at Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument, located near the community of Manzano, were home to 300 to 400 Tiwa pueblo-dwellers and feature a massive sandstone church.
The Quarai Mission Church, once known as Nuestra Senora de La Purisima Concepcion de Cuarac, stands about 40 feet tall, with walls three to six feet wide. It was built during the late 1620s or early 1630s and still includes its original buttresses and some original plaster.
It was abandoned in 1677 after a combination of drought, disease and Apache raids drove the residents from the area.
April 11th, 2012
Viewed 251 Times - Last Visitor from Parma - Italy on 08/27/2015 at 6:11 AM