New Dungeness Lighthouse
The New Dungeness Lighthouse was the first lighthouse completed in Washington Territory. It was lit for the first time in 1857. The lighthouse is located at the tip of the 5-mile long Dungeness Spit in Sequim, Washington.
The Dungeness Spit is entirely within the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge and is the longest natural sand spit in the United States. It starts from the northern edge of the Olympic Peninsula into the Strait of Juan de Fuca, protecting the Dungeness Bay.
July 20th, 2012
Viewed 164 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 03/27/2015 at 4:41 AM