Tel Aviv, Israel
platform view of the first railway station of Tel Aviv
Photograph - Photography
Tel Aviv first railway station built at 1892 is an historic train station located just off Neve Tzedek, at the junction where Tel Aviv dissolves into Jaffa. It was abandoned many years but had gone lately through a serious renovation process and now serves as a recreational site packed with cafes, bars and fashion boutiques.
This photo presents a renovated passenger wagon standing silently exactly on the beginning of the tracks to Jerusalem.
Surrounded by colorful trees and a silent atmosphere, this is where pilgrims to Jerusalem used to start their journey a hundred years ago.
The station is located at Neveh Tzedek neighborhood, which is one of the first neighborhoods of Tel Aviv and has lots of charm and magic. It is almost like a small village, with a walking distance to the beach and to the shoreline. On top of it all - it is very close and a walking distance to the business center of Tel Aviv and to Rothschild boulevard.
The beautiful mix of classic and modern styles has made this small neighborhood a magnet for creative artists, musicians and sophisticated young professionals, who live side by side with the working class residents who were born and raised at this place.
December 3rd, 2012
Viewed 1,105 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 07/03/2015 at 10:51 AM