Port Dalhousie Lighthouse
Photograph - Photography
Port Dalhousie was the northern terminus of the Welland Canal from 1829 to 1932. This canal connected Lakes Ontario and Erie, thus bypassing Niagara Falls. The original rear range light was built in 1852. The front range light was built in 1879. The rear range light was rebuilt in 1893 and 1898. Fire destroyed the original structure, and lightning destroyed the second. This is a creative photo of the front lighthouse.
June 13th, 2012
Viewed 268 Times - Last Visitor from Moscow, 48 - Russian Federation on 09/23/2015 at 1:18 PM