Baton Rouge, LA
Digital Art - Fractal Art And Digital Collage
Ruffle ~ ruffle /ˈrʌfəl/ [ruhf-uhl]
As a verb (used with object), ruffled, ruffling.
1. to destroy the smoothness or evenness of: The wind ruffled the sand.
2. to erect (the feathers), as a bird in anger.
3. to disturb, vex, or irritate: to be ruffled by a perceived slight.
4. to turn (the pages of a book) rapidly.
5. to pass (cards) through the fingers rapidly in shuffling.
6. to draw up (cloth, lace, etc.) into a ruffle by gathering along one edge.
As a verb (used without object), ruffled, ruffling
7. to be or become ruffled; undulate; flutter: Flags ruffle in the wind.
8. to be or become vexed or irritated.
9. to put on airs; swagger.
As a noun:
10. a break in the smoothness or evenness of some surface; undulation.
11. a strip of cloth, lace, etc., drawn up by gathering along one edge and used as a trimming on a dress, blouse, etc.
12. some object resembling this, as the ruff of a bird.
13. disturbance or vexation; annoyance; irritation: It is impossible to live without some daily ruffles to our composure.
14. a disturbed state of mind; perturbation.
Abstract and Surreal Art
January 13th, 2014
Viewed 238 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 08/19/2015 at 1:16 AM