Completed in 1923 to designs by George B. Post & Sons, the Hotel Statler was the successor to Ellsworth Statler's first hotel, which opened in Buffalo in 1908. The new hotel's interiors exemplified the elegant "Statler style" that blended Italian and English Renaissance influences. It also featured the modern innovations, notably a bath in every room, that made Statler hotels the new standard of lodging in America. Located in the heart of downtown overlooking historic Niagara Square, the grand hotel was a jewel of the national Statler chain. It also served as a social center for generations of Buffalonians.
February 6th, 2012
Viewed 59 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 05/01/2015 at 5:37 AM