Ste. Anne De Detroit
Ste. Anne de Détroit (Sainte-Anne-de-Détroit), founded July 26, 1701, is the second oldest continuously operating Roman Catholic parish in the United States, established when the area was part of the French colony. The current Gothic Revival cathedral styled church, built in 1886, is located at 1000 Ste. Anne Street in Detroit, Michigan, in the Richard-Hubbard neighborhood, renamed Corktown Shores, near the Ambassador Bridge, and the Michigan Central Station. Historically, the parish community has occupied eight different buildings. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. The main entry to the Church faces a grand tree-lined, brick paved plaza. The present parish is largely Hispanic in population.
September 7th, 2012
Viewed 209 Times - Last Visitor from Grosse Pointe Woods, MI on 06/29/2015 at 4:01 PM