1.000 x 1.000 x 0.250 inches
This original painting is currently for sale. At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original.
Click here to contact the artist.
Tardis Faux Artifact Miniature Painting On Papyrus Mounted In Pendant
Painting - Acrylic And Micropigment On Papyrus
Featuring Doctor Who references written in ancient Egyptian, this faux-artifact parody necklace is hand-painted on sustainable, authentic Egyptian papyrus and mounted in a sturdy pendant frame with an antique gold/brass finish. It's sealed under a magnifying jewelry-grade doming resin that makes it look bigger on the inside.
Painted in modern, lightfast versions of period colors and micropigments with 20/0 brushes and straight pins, the painting is about an inch square. The full pendant is an inch and a half high including the bail, a quarter of an inch deep, and makes a unique, memorable gift for Doctor Who fans.
1. The light on top of the TARDIS is the symbol for �eternity�.
2. The left side symbols combined with the TARDIS-like shape of an Egyptian shrine with a facade translates to �The Divine Booth�. (This is an actual hieroglyph.)
3. The right side says �Doctor� on the top. The figure positions in Ancient Egyptian artwork are limited by a sort of sign language that would have been readable even to illiterate citizens. In modern terms, drawing a cartoon with a thumb raised would convey an entirely different meaning than if it were the middle finger. The determinative man holds an ankh with his hand raised, indicating power over life and regeneration.
(Or maybe he's just holding an ankh-shaped key.)
4. The bottom right translates literally as �Time Lord�, but adding a symbol for a person/lord to this particular set of hieroglyphs for �time� is idiomatic (Ancient Egyptian slang) for �One of the Immortals�.
5. The bottom row says, �Hello, Sweetie!�
The TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space) is a time machine and spacecraft in the British science fiction television programme Doctor Who and its associated spin-offs.
A TARDIS is a product of the advanced technology of the Time Lords, an extraterrestrial civilisation to which the programme's central character, the Doctor, belongs. A properly maintained and piloted TARDIS can transport its occupants to any point in time and any place in the universe. The interior of a TARDIS is much larger than its exterior, which can blend in with its surroundings using the ship's "chameleon circuit". The name TARDIS is a registered trademark of the British Broadcasting Corporation. This item is a parody artifact and I have no relationship with the BBC.
Each necklace comes with a 2mm black PVC cord with sterling findings, a velour, velvet or faux suede gift bag, a short description of the hieroglyphs and instructions for care. An assortment of sterling, satin, brass and dark brass chains are also available by request for an additional charge.
These pendants are inked and painted by hand on speckled sustainable Egyptian papyrus. Because they are hand-made each item in a design is completely unique. You will receive the design described with the same quality and attention to detail, but not necessarily the item pictured. Every attempt has been made to make sure the colors on your screen match the original, but due to variations on computer displays it may appear differently to you.
December 17th, 2012
Viewed 521 Times - Last Visitor from Parma - Italy on 08/21/2015 at 4:46 PM